Friday, June 1, 2012

A about three years ago I started on a Health Journey. I had to begin taking care of myself. My doctors informed me that my eating habits were causing me all kinds of health issues. Like most people I remained in denial. I began taking my meds and figured the was good enough. I did a half-hearted attempt at eating healthy but didn't put a lot of effort. Somewhere along the line something changed in my mind and I gained a real interest in finding out what was going on in my body. I began to notice what I ate, when and where. I guess I finally began listening to my dietician but more than that I started enjoying eating healthy. I don't know how it happened but I stopped thinking of salads as rabbit food. My eating habits have progressed to were salads are no longer a side dish, they are the main course!!! Now I research a lot of food for its nutrition facts and health benefits. This is really cool to me as I have began to notice many changes in me due to the new acquired tastes. Sooooo, I thought I would start exploring my culinary exploits here. Maybe some of you might appreciate the tidbits of information I have been finding about food and nutrition. If not just ignore the post and go on to the next one. My latest exploration took me to potato juice. That doesn't even sound good does it? The first thought I had was: "wow, french fries in a glass!" I just happened to be reading an article which mentioned potato juice and it intrigued me enough to do a search for more articles on the subject. It appears that as unappetizing as it sounds there are some real health benefits to drinking the . There are many places that talk about that so I won't go into it now but if you are interested. I would say start with this article and follow the links from there. http://www.examiner.com/article/health-benefits-of-potato-juice. By the way, I read another article from these doctors in Japan who documented a lot of cases of healing with potato juice. I wish I would have taken note of where I found it to share with you but "c'est la vie". It seems strange that something so simple can be so effective but i think its worth looking into. Needless to say, since I do have a juicer, I decided to try this spud extract. I went and bought some organic potatoes and last night and will be trying them as a juice beginning today. I am curious but I suspect I will need to add some apples or lemon for flavor control. We'll find out soon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: