Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Guess what!!!

Ppppsssstt! Don't tell anyone. I decided to start writing today. I really don't have much to say but I wanted to start it more like a thought journal. But I'll have to warn you my thoughts are not always that congruent and you might need to read between the lines or just make it up as you go kinda like I do. Anyway, some things have changed in my life. I have been getting my health back on track. Cholesterol and sugar levels are getting me a smile from my Doctor so I guess I have been doing okay. My ticker is ticking better now. Oh yeah! I'm a recovering type 2 diabetic now. Doctor has me losing weight. I have lost quite a bit but I occasionally indulge in little forbidden pleasures but overall I am eating mostly rabbit food. The odd thing is that I like it now. I have been learning to play in the kitchen. The coolest thing is that I make my own salad dressings. I have been getting really crazy with them too. I try all kinds all kinds of fancy vinegar, i.e. champagne vinegar, sweet red wine vinegar, raspberry wine vinegar, they give the dressing such a nice touch. I have to admit that even though I like to cook I haven't always been comfortable in the kitchen. My imagination has always gotten the best of me and I start imagining conversations with the knives and pans and before you know it I'm in the middle of an argument (The knives are jokesters and the pans take life too seriously. Maybe they have to since they are always under fire, hhaha.) If you ever want to hear me ramble for hours on end, just get me started on healthy foods, I think I can talk as much about it as I can about sourcing. I am excited to start writing again. I will start exploring some sourcing stuff like before but I will explore some of the others stuff that is making my life interesting too.

No comments: