I’ve been tagged by Amybeth Hale (The research goddess) at www.amybethale.com
As Dan Sweet from fracat said "She’d like me to tell eight things about myself that you probably didn’t know. These are also things that you might not have wanted to know, but the “Tag Receiver Code” commits me to comply."
1. Post these rules before you give the facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them)
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged!
Eight Random Facts About Me:
1. I love drawing and painting portraits. I received the gift from my grandfather who made his living painting and then selling his works in public parks and high traffic places across Mexico. If we ever get to chat you might twist my arm into showing you my sketch book.
2. I have been Sourcing/recruiting for over thirteen years with the last four in sourcing management, but I’ve only been authoring on my blog only since April 2007 (After being encouraged by the recruiting Animal himself, Thanks Michael).
3. I began my sourcing career raiding companies. I would be assigned a target company and would be tasked with making a minimum of two hundred twenty five (yes! 225) calls a day. I was often reminded that the day that I didn’t reach my goal I would not need to return to work the following day as I would be fired.
4. While I attended High School (W.B. Ray High School in Corpus Christi, TX) I ran my own business buying dresses wholesale and sold them canvassing the neighborhood. Yes! I was a door to door salesman at the age of fifteen. I learned a lot about how to read people and how to close the deal.
5. I also have a firm faith in God and a strong commitment to lead a life that cultivates every one of my faculties in such a way as best represent the Kingdom of Heaven in every thing I do.
6. After high school I worked as a longshoreman unloading the bananas as the arrived to Port Hueneme, CA from Central America. It was physically a very demanding job which gave me a hearty appetite.
7. I am 43 years old, I am divorced, I have one son 14 who is my best friend. I was married for 14 years but unfortunately we couldn’t keep it together. I’ve now been divorced over four years going on five now.
8. Besides English I speak Spanish and Portuguese fluently. I can also read Italian and French ( I can’t speak Italian nor French)
The people I am tagging to continue this chain of revealment are:
1.Amy Garner of Wine Talent
2.Alize Cortez of Improved Experience.
3.Trey Bettinger of not jobs
4.Michael Keleman of The Recruiting Animal
5.David Perry Gerrilla Job Hunting
6.Josh Khan of The Sourcing Riff
7.Rithesh Nair of Research Secrets
8.Dave Mendoza of Six Degrees from Dave
Some of these people I have had the pleasure of meeting, others I just exchanged emails or calls with and some I would just plainly like to know, but all are people I admire!
I look forward to their 8 Things...