Sunday, May 6, 2007

Extra! Extra!! Spiderman is a sourcer!!!!


Although Spidey has always been a classic underdog character, I feel a connection to Peter Parker if only because he is such a nerd. With a major movie that becomes his third major motion picture having been unveiled this weekend, it's a good thing that bug bite gave Peter Parker's alter ego a talent for sticking to walls and the ability to shoot webs from his wrists.

The more I thought of Spiderman and his attributes the more I figured he is a sourcer. Think about it, our favorite arachnid can do more than scale walls he can spin a web so fast and do so while in mid flight. As sourcers we can spin our web on the phone so fast even on the fly. Spidey shoots from the hip and with such accuracy; he can hit the only plagpole sticking out of a building for miles. We source with such accuracy as to find those purple squirrels that everyone thinks don’t exist. Spidey always deals with a villain gallery that includes the likes of the Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom, facing the toughest of issues and doesn’t shy away from them. As sourcers we are not only accustomed to dealing with impossibly tough assignments, cryptic job descriptions, and even unbearable hiring managers we do not shy away either. Best of all he gets the job done and so do we.

See what I mean!! Spiderman is a sourcer. I’m trading the phone to don a mask but wait I just put the mask on and already I feel my black persona enveloping me, just call me “The Sourcing Samurai”.


No comments: